March 2, 2021- Springville Senior Citizens Organization Title VI Policy
Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 states:
“No person in the United States shall, on the grounds of race, color, or national origin, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.”
Springville Senior Citizens Organization is committed to ensuring that no person is excluded from participation in, or denied the benefits of its transit services on the basis of race, color or national origin, as protected by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
Discrimination Prohibited by Title VI
There are many forms of illegal discrimination based on race, color, or national origin that limit the opportunity of minorities to gain equal access to services and programs.
Among other things, in operating a federally-assisted program the Springville Senior Citizens Organization cannot on the basis of race, color, or national origin, either directly
- Deny program services, aids, or benefits
- Provide a different service, aid, or benefit, or provide them in a manner differently than they are provided to others
- Segregate or separately treat individuals in any matter related to the receipt of any services, aid, or benefit
Service, aids or benefits can include: routing, scheduling, and quality of transportation services (i.e., frequency of service, age and quality of vehicles assigned to routes).
How to File a Complaint
If you believe you have been subjected to discrimination under Title VI based on your race, color, national origin, or any aspect of this policy, you may file a complaint up to 180 days from the date of the alleged discrimination. The complaint should include the following information:
- Your name, address, and how to contact you (i.e., telephone number, email address, etc.)
- How, when, where, and why you believe you were discriminated against. Include the location, names and contact information of any witnesses.
The complaint may be filed in writing to:
Office of Civil Rights
Federal Transit Administration
1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC 20590